Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2013

Week ending 9/8

For all of you Albacore enthusiasts out there... The wait continues! So frustrating that these guys are this late (if the show at all). There is so much life out there, maybe too much. There has been a good bonito bite east of Block Island. This comes from the giant Tuna captains as they are chumming the grounds.  I am hoping they come inshore, but I guess it will be all of the other species that we will discuss:

Blues; Continue to be big and aggressive. I have seen/caught them from Little Compton all the way to Pt. Judith and every where in between. Size ranges from little 1 lb  up to 10 lbs.

Stripers: Mixing in with some of the Bluefish Blitzes, the bass have been taking to small metal quite well. Fish have been averaging 10-12 lbs for the topwater variety.

Sea Bass: Continue to spread their mayhem.  The shorts have been so aggressive that I have to double my bait while targeting other species.

No fluke trips to report, but I am sure that it has not changed all too much.

Bait has varied from small squid, mullet, anchovies and Half beaks.  Surface temp has dropped a bit to 66. Water clarity was poor along the shoreline with high weeds to to work around.

I am looking forward to my evening runs this week to see what the next 5 days bring us!

The best report is the one you make on your own! Go fish!

Capt.  Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment