Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tough/Love

Well it had to happen at some point. We did not fair too well on Saturday. Finding fish was easy. Getting them to eat... different story. We worked our tails off too only get a few knockdowns and quick run off maneuvers. Ah well, fortunately for me it was with a charter that has booked me 3 times in the past where the finished like rock stars every time so they too knew it was not always a "great day". Now, Sunday was a different story.
I am typically the first one on the water. That is not a boast, it is is just that I like some "me" time. Plus, being fathers day, I am now making it a tradition to spend it with the memory of my father. I do believe he has been with me for the past two years on this day.  I made 14 casts at bait and got 12 menhaden. Northwest wind, easy call. Fish, fish and more fish. Done by 5:30 am.  Got some of my friends on the fish. They ran out of bait in moments. Winds cranking, did not matter. Just a fishy kind of day. Thanks Dad.
Spent the rest of the day with my son and hopefully next year it will be the three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment