Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Its beginning to look a lot like fishing

While we all expected a little later start than normal due to the long winter, we are actually only 5 days later than last year.  There is lots of bait, there is an extremely large amount of squid in the south bay area now (some say the most in 10 years), numerous school size bass and now a mix of blues. Yes, it is the beginning of a great season! Now, we do have a couple of days of winds and rain that will keep my boat off the water but there is always shore action! School stripers are being taken up in the bay readily on both fly and spin. Gotta love it when I see charter guys from other areas of RI in my waters- shows I picked the right spot to live and fish! Anyway, Its getting better each day.

My sources from the south tell me that the consistent fishing is on fire right now, and I am so happy for those guys as they needed a light at the end of the tunnel after Sandy.  The point is... Its go time.

As always, call me if I can be of service.

Capt. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment