Search This Blog

Friday, October 25, 2013

Open Boat Tautog/Blackfish Trips

With the season winding down in the Northeast, we have two main species to fish: The Blue Fin in Cape Cod and the Tautog/Blackfish in Newport.  The Tuna bite has been dismal at best so I really am not booking anyone for those trips. You work too hard for your money for the chance to make only a couple casts at the tuna. I would rather have you wait until next year if this is your species of choice. If another captain disagrees with me, so be it. I hope you get at least 12 casts or he/she played you.  The Tog bite however has been getting fantastic. If you don't have any other people to join you, let me know. I have several anglers that are solo and want to limit out on Tautog.  We have about another month left in our season and there are scattered dates open. I base everything on tide and weather at this point. If you want to get out and get your limit, give me a call and I will get you on my list.  This is a first come first serve basis and I will go right down the list until each open day is filled with 4 anglers to divide the costs.  It will be $110 per person.  That includes bait and tackle.  You can provide your own tackle and gear as long as it is suitable for the conditions to get a discount. Please discuss this prior to the trip.

Its getting close to the end, now is the time to fill the freezer! I just love Tautog Chowder in February!!

Capt. Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment