Search This Blog

Monday, October 7, 2013

Bonito, Stripers, Blues, Tautog, Seabass....

Holy Cow! I have never had trips where we caught every fish on one trip! The weekend started with Joe and his lovely wife on the anniversary.  Lets see, blitzing stripers (all released), blues, sea bass, scup and tautog. All on light tackle. The trip was nothing short of action packed. We had topwater bluefish early in the morning up to the 12 lb mark, nice larger school bass like the ones seen below, scup taking metal of all things, and finishing it up with tautog. There is no way to complain about that!
We also were able to add to the list some really nice bonito by the way of Dave's Crew. This is the 4th trip they did with me this year and if you look at their photos on my site, you will see they just had an awesome season.  This time, they were able to add Bonito Tuna to their resume, along with Stripers (all released), blues, tautog and seabass.  I must note that this was their first bonito they had ever caught and to get two on light tackle spin gear is just amazing.  Truly just one of my favorite times of the year.  Its just too bad these winds hit us this week as I know I had so many inquiries about getting out for these fish. I will make sure I get back to each of you that emailed me as soon as we can get back on the water and find them...hopefully!!!

Enjoy the week, I know I will with all of the weekend's fish stories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment