Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Game On!

The weather changed some things over the weekend and I had to switch some of my days around but when it gave us the chance to fish we took full advantage of it.  There was tons of bait and aggressive bass ranging from 33-40 inches.  Even with pressure from multiple boats the fish just kept feeding.  We lost our fair share but made up for it with a 14 fish morning, all released successfully.  The only fish kept this week was by our future hall of fame 11 year old angler as he was an animal on the rod. Boated two fish in this similar class range all by himself.  Incoming tide on this full moon seemed to be best.

Fish seem to be spreading themselves out as reports like this are starting to filter in from other parts of the bay. All I know is that I was the first one on the water at 3 am, one phone call later and I had myself a party (broke my own rule).  Oh well, everyone enjoyed themselves but I was the lucky one to have anglers that only took what they wanted for dinner that night.  Hopefully these teen pounders will make it to enable us to see them when they hit 40!  Get out in the bay as soon as you can, its an awesome time of the year and the fish are feeding hard. Don't worry about getting bait, as we lost one, we just snagged another next to the boat.  We don't know where they will be in a day let alone a week especially if we get any kind of heat wave.  Go explore, check out some areas other than where the fleet is and most importantly, have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment