Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

So Much Fun!

After a little break in July (awesome Montana trip my wife got me for my 40th Birthday present), some business personal stuff, I was able to get back into motion and on the water.  My good buddy E.G has been doing great on the ledge and was keeping me informed of his successes.  We had several great trips at the Block and some big bass up in the 40 + lb range.  If you were fortunate to get on that bite, good for you! If not, you better learn the lesson for next season that when someone says its hot at Block, you go.
What I love about RI is that when you get tired of one thing, you can move to another.  Lately, I have had the great fortune of taking out some fine folks. One trip was for a young man that has never caught anything beyond a sunfish in freshwater.  Over the weekend, he was able to land scup, sea bass, fluke and even his first ever striped bass! It was a special trip for many on board, including me. Despite a disability, he hammered fish all day.  That did not stop him from placing bets with the other anglers on board on who was going to catch the next fish!  This is just the beginning this guy.

On Day Two, we took a long...long day of fishing.  The goal was to go look for Tuna down south and maybe fish for Mahi while we were waiting. Upon arrival, it was dead. Some gents did well further south at first light but that was a tad beyond my comfort zone for my boat. We mad the call to head NE toward the Vineyard and fish for Bass and the rumored Bonito. We got to the grounds and just hammered Bass with light tackle. I mean hours of big bass with topwater and metal. Bass were busting on snapper blues at one point!  We fished the backside of the Elizabeths working our way through Woods Hole up to Sippiwissett and over though and to Newport again. Yeah, it was somewhere around 140 miles covered but it was worth it. P.S, only one shot an what may have been Bonito all day. If you don't mind catching 100 blues working for them, have at it. There is tons of bait along the shorelines for Bass, Blues and heck, we even had a sea robin blitz! Go figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment