Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome home 2013!

2012 was a roller coaster ride for me personally. I suffered a tragic loss of my father back in February, engaged in a higher than average charter season, lost my childhood house to hurricane Sandy and found out that I am going to be a father in April of 2013.  There are no words to describe my emotions that I have felt this past year and no way to pretend that I was "in the moment" of any of them.  I know my dad would have been proud of the fish that were taken including a beautiful 49 lb striper with Sean Ross at Block Island. Had that beast eaten ANYTHING, it would have tipped the scales well above 55 lbs. Leonard Lacasse blew away the fly fishing scales with several 41 inch stripers and several new fisherman entered catch and release fish for the striper cup.   I spent many nights reflecting on this year and the times I had and had lost.  It was a painful yet satisfying year knowing that everything that happened was in the eyes of those that taught me everything I knew. From past high school friends joining me on charters to old time buddies reliving old memories, there was not a moment I could not appreciate.  I was able to get mothers with their daughters out fly fishing and fathers with their dads and son's fluke fishing. These are the times that I look back and live daily. These are the the days that I relive with my own father and know that I pass along a memories.
Thank you to everyone who was involved with my business this past year. Know that you may have walked away with memories for yourself but also gave a memories to me.

I look forward to my newborn son in the Spring and to teach him all of the things that me dad taught me... and I will have or will teach you.  

Here is to a New Year. To a year of new memories.

Sincerely,
Capt. Brian Patterson

1 comment:

  1. Quite a year! Congrats on the baby boy, you'll find there's nothing like sharing time on the water with your child.

    ReplyDelete